It is holiday time! SO it is time to find a great gift for everyone on your list. Blue Orange can truly help you out with that. They have so many fun and interesting games that will really get you thinking, but your having so much fun you don’t even realize the brain exercises.
So a fun game that I think is great for the kids and adults alike is Spot It! I can not tell you how often I thought “How did I miss that?” when one of my kids would beat me at spotting the right symbol. I think I am ahead of myself, let me tell you more about the game!
Spot It! is great for ages 7 and up and for 2 to 8 players. Though I will admit I found my oldest sitting on the floor with the whole stack of cards and trying to find the symbols as fast as she could, so if you like playing games away from the standard rules than I would say you could play 1-8 players. There 55 cards that each have symbols on it, and the great part is that every card has one symbol alike! So no matter what 2 cards you are looking at, there is always one symbol that is the same on both cards.
There are 5 mini games you get to choose from when playing Spot It! You can play a variation of each or just play your favorite ones! Here is a rundown of the mini games:
- The Tower: One card is dealt to each player face-down and the rest of the cards are placed in a face-up pile called the “Tower”. At the same time, the players flip over their face-down card and attempt to be the first to spot the matching symbol using their card and the Tower. The first player to identify it collects the Tower card. This card now belongs to the player and is used to match symbols, replacing their old card. Play continues with each player attempting to be the first to match one of their symbols to the new top card on the Tower. Once all the cards in the Tower are claimed, the winner is the player with the most cards collected.
- The Well: The reverse of the Tower. One card is dealt face-up to the center of table and the rest are dealt to the players face down. At the same time, the players flip over their face-down card and attempt to be the first to spot the matching symbol on the center card. The first player to identify it discards their card, replacing the center card. Play continues until one player is out of cards and is declared the winner.
- Hot Potato: Deal one face-down card to each player and have them hold it in the palm of their hand. At the same time, the players flip over the card and display it so all the other players can see it. Quickly match a symbol and call it out. If the match is successful, give your card to the player with the matching symbol. That player now places the new card on top and attempts to match those symbols going forward. If the player has 2 or more cards when they make a match, they give all their cards to the other player. Play continues for a number of specified rounds (determined by the players or randomly decided). The player with the least number of cards wins at the end of the game.
- The Poisoned Gift: One card is dealt to each player face-down and the rest of the cards are placed in a face-up pile in the same style as the “Tower”. At the same time, the players flip over their face-down card and attempt to be the first to spot the matching symbol in their opponent’s cards and one on the top card revealed in the pile. The first player to identify it gives the top card of the pile to that player and a new pile card is revealed. Play continues until all the cards in the pile are given. The winner is the player with the least number of cards.
- Triplet: Nine cards in a 3×3 grid are dealt face-up. The players attempt to match 3 symbols on any of the 9 cards. The first player to find a match calls it and collects the 3 cards. Another 3 cards are dealt, replacing the three that were just claimed. Play continues until the 3×3 grid can no longer be replenished by the draw pile. The winner is the player with the most cards.
I think our favorite was The Well, we loved getting rid of all our cards! It is such a great game and really strengthens your visual perception & reaction time! We kept playing over and over and it was just a lot of fun.
I love how the tin is so small and can fit in your hand, it is small enough to take anywhere! I think we are going to take it camping with us and on trips. I love games we can take pretty much anywhere and enjoy on the go!
This is a great gift to stick in a stocking for anyone on your list! I love great stocking stuffers I love to use myself!
Disclosure: I received a free product from the sponsor to review. I received no monetary compensation and my opinions are my own and were not influenced by the sponsor.